BSB51107 Diploma of Management
The BSB51107 Diploma of Management is delivered by Training and Development Services on behalf of AccessUTS, a registered training organisation. This course is designed to provide individuals with the core leadership competencies required by contemporary managers. This qualification provides the essential skills and knowledge required by individuals to perform effectively as a manager in increasingly competitive and fast changing times.
The qualification provides participants with the required knowledge and skills to:
- identify the role and responsibilities of managers and be more effective team leaders
- manage all aspects of people management including individual and team performance
- apply management principles that are able to increase workplace productivity at an operational level
- manage risks
- manage the budgeting and financial side of the business
- apply project management techniques within the work environment
- contribute to the provision of quality in the business and use continuous improvement techniques
- facilitate change management
- develop and apply strategies to improve business performance
If you sign up for the whole qualification your investment will be $5,500.
It is also possible to complete each of the component courses as standalone course.
The training is especially suitable for:
- team leaders
- those aspiring to management positions
- individuals wishing to have their existing skills and knowledge recognised
- individuals wishing to extend career path options
Want to know how this course could benefit you?
Read past students' /qualifications/management/testimonials/index.html">testimonials.
The delivery method will combine self-paced, face-to-face trainer led learner centred courses, formative assessment activities and learning activities involving small groups and the individual, experiential learning and workplace based projects:
Assessments will occur both during the course off-the-job and on-the-job through workplace-based projects for learners to be able to demonstrate competency against the nationally endorsed standards.
All participants shall have access to and can apply for recognition of prior learning (rpl) on enrolment for all unit(s) of competency in this qualification. Candidates who consider that they already possess and can demonstrate the competencies outlined in the unit(s) of competency shall be granted credit on substantiation.
This qualification comprises a total of eight (8) units of competency, five (5) core plus three (3) elective units clustered into eight courses.
Course 1: Time and Resource Management
Unit of competency: BSBWOR501B Manage personal work priorities and professional development
Find out more about the course Time and Resource Management.
Course 2: Team Management
Unit of competency: BSBWOR502A Ensure team effectiveness
Find out more about the course Team Management.
Course 3: Performance Management
Unit of competency: BSBMGT502B Manage people performance
Find out more about the course Performance Management.
Course 4: Operational Planning
Unit of competency: BSBMGT515A Manage operational plan
Find out more about the course Operational Planning.
Course 5: Project ManagementUnit of competency: BSBPMG510A Manage projects
Find out more about the course Project Management
Course 6: Risk Management
Unit of competency: BSBRSK501B Manage risk
Find out more about the course Risk Management.
Course 7: Financial Management
Unit of competency: BSBFIM501A Manage budgets and financial plans
Find out more about the course Financial Management.
Course 8: Continuous Improvement
Unit of competency: BSBMGT516C Facilitate continuous improvement
Find out more about the course Continuous Improvement.